My name is KOSOKO SulaimonBabatunde, a Nigerian citizen and PhD student in the Food Processing and Value Addition Program (2014/2015 set) with project topic “Effect of High Quality Cassava Flour on the Quality of Cooked Chevon Sausage”.
My main field of research is food processing, value addition and storage. The aspects of ongoing and proposed researchwork in my field are:
- Value addition to agricultural raw materials, animal products, cereals, roots and tuber crops.
- Effect of different processing methods on functionality and nutritional content of theseproducts.
- Process optimization.
Some of my personal attributes are:
- Good interpersonal and communication skill with a strong ability to impact knowledge.
- Organized, methodical, self-motivated and result-oriented individual.
- Ability to meet deadline with minimum supervision.
- Experience in team work, group dynamics and human development activities.
Also am very proficient in the areas of Microsoft office user, Desktop publishing, Data analyses and interpretation (SPSS and Excel).
I am also a member of professional bodies like International Society for Tropical Root Crops (ISTRC) (African Branch) (Member-2011) and Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology,(Member – 2008)
I love the CADESE program because it is a consumer-driven research based program where gap are identify along the value-chain supply of an agro-allied companies during the industrial attachment which student are mandatory to participate and their project are tailored toward finding sustainable solutions to the identified problems/gaps.